After completion of the Bight Smiles from Birth Training module, individuals will be able to:
- Describe the pathogenesis of early childhood caries (ECC)
- Determine risk factors associated with ECC
- Conduct an oral health screening and apply fluoride varnish
- Provide anticipatory guidance to families including parents
- Referral to Dental Home when appropriate
- State the importance of pediatricians’ role in oral health
Upon completion of the presentation, primary care providers in Illinois will be eligible to receive Medicaid reimbursement for application of fluoride varnish on children under three.